Monday, July 23, 2007

Back on Monday? Right!

So I went back this morning, waited around.The immigration officer told me he would write the letter approving the extension, but it would take a long time to write. Come back next Monday.
So, I went to visit the owner of the shop where I had my camera fixed in 2003. I had stopped by again and he had remembered me and invited me back for tea.Today we finally connected and I had a wonderful time.His chai tea was so good,says he has his own recipe.He's Muslim, born in Mombasa on the coast. He has owned the camera store for almost 30 years, it's down the street from the Hilton in downtown Nairobi.We had a wonderful discussion about Islam,september 11th, the day the American Embassy which at the time was around the corner was blown up. He taught me a wonderful saying from the Koran: live your life so you will be missed when you are not there and remembered when you die. I liked that.
They found a big black snake under the table this computer is on, so I am done for the day!!!
Stay safe officer Tim, xoxoxo little boy happy bday mary lee

No comments: