Sunday, July 15, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Sorry for the long absence, but it was for a good reason. My family was visiting and we were doing lots of traveling. Ali arrived first, on the 29th. She was here in an official capacity as a presenter at the YWCA Leadership Conference. It was so fun to see how well she did, and how well respected she is by her colleagues. I got to stay with her in the Hilton hotel, hot showers!!! We also spent a day at the village, where we had an emotional memorable meeting with the grandmothers. I don't think anyone there will ever forget it. Mum Ann's family were the gracious hosts to my family, with all our comings and goings. It was so fun to show them all where I live, the kids I care for, the people I work with. There are so many things I've just gotten used to so it was fun seeing it through new eyes again. As they have learned, nothing is easy here. All the kids here loved them, there were lots of questions about Baby Jack! We went on safari, we spent 4 days on the coast. We stayed in the most beautiful home, overlooking the Indian Ocean, with the most attentive spoiling staff! It was actually fun to be pampered, and see other parts of Kenya at the same time. If I had my choice I think I would live on the coast, it's safer, the people are so less stressed. the poverty doesn't seem as desperate. but the HIV rate is still very high.
So now I'm back on my own, keeping busy, have a meeting with African Flying Doctors tomorrow about incorporating the project into their work. I'm excited about it. I'm then supposed to head to the village to check on how things are going there. Lots more people to meet, things to do....
Elizabeth and Ali have promised to put all the pictures and movies on the blog. Enjoy!Send emails!
Stay safe Officer Tim, xoxoxo little boy

No comments: