Thursday, March 15, 2007

The gift of technology

Through the help of a number of people, ali's patient tech support, rachel's husband Kevin's setting up my computer, Reuters News Service and my sister Kerry's generosity, the kdis in cottage D saw timmy and liz, ali saw me and the kids, then the kids saw Elizabeth and Jack, all for free over skype! We realized that we could get the wireless signal in the Cottage, so we set up the camera and over two days were able to hook up. We have the system down now, and as soon as Elizabeth fixes their glitch we can all see each other. Rightlnow we can see all of them and Ali can see us.The kids are amazed, I will never forget the look of sheer delight on their faces when they saw timmy wave to them over the computer!! they sang a song to ali and jack, watched jack smile and dance to the sound of their voices.Today Ali should be set up so we can see her, not just hear her voice (she sees us). We do it at night our time when the kids are done with their homework, great incentive to get it done. John wanted to know if since Ali lives in DC could we see President Bush, (Lord knows what he would say to him), Aweeno got confused and thought Ali's voice was my mom, we had to tell her my mom was dead and the technology wasn't that good, Ken just grinned and grinned and said over and over Hi ali!Say what you want about computers and cell phones taking over the world, I am grateful for the miracle.
I posted some pictures, check out the hair! Gaia, mum ann's niece, loves her baby dolls I had given her, and the new clothes that Mary R from my clinic and her family had sent for Christmas.
I met with the site director from PEPFAR. Dr. Melissa W and I will be visiting their sites in April and seeing how my program will be fitting in for them, it's pretty exciting. Everyone is beginning to realize the threat all these HIV+ adolescents are starting to pose and how little prepared they and the world are.
Miss you all, stay safe officer Timmy, xoxoxox little boy

No comments: