Thursday, April 26, 2007

A little more update

I am at the American Embassy, arrived early for a meeting with the PEPFAR people. They have a wonderful library here with all sorts fo books, reference material etc and most importantly, fast computers! I can't bring my camera in so I can't use it to download photos, but just blogging and emailing is wonderful. Melissa and I came here for lunch with Justus Mbae, the cultural attache, they have a huge screened tv in the dining room, we got to see MSNBC! Justus told us that when we walk through these gates we're no longer in Kenya, we're in the United States. Sure feels good to me.
the overnight safari that Melissa treated me to was really spectacular, the guide said it was the luckiest safari ever. We went to Lake Nakuru, north of Nairobi and stayed at the Lion Hill lodge, set on the side of a mountain. The room was beautiful, the food bountiful and delicious (best cream of lettuce and cream of celery soups I've ever had) and we saw a leopard, baboons, girafffes, zebraas, pink flamingos, and best of all we saw 2 lions kill a buffalo. 50 meters away from our van!!I've never lived so close to the food chain or known so clearly my place on it!
Anyway, the last 2 weeks have been wonderful. I love having visitors so start saving up! I will post pictures soon, and get back to regular updates. I leave for my 10 day stay back home on May 23, arrive may 24th. counting the days.
stay safe officer timmy and xoxoxo little boy

No comments: