Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Last Little Details

I have been heading all over town, meetings, finishing things up, saying goodbye. It's physically and emotionally exhausting but it also feels good to put an end to some things. Today a friend took me to Ken's grave and I said goodbye. I needed to do that, and it somehow makes leaving easier having done that. We then went to a lovely outdoor restaurant where she treated me to lunch., don't think I'll be eating outside for vere much longer. My favorite taxi driver took me to Kangemi to meet with Nicholas, my great friend and the head of the village and lea toto programs. As usual I arrived before he did so my driver Mike and I went to get a coke and visit for awhile. had to drive forever thorugh the slum down dirt rutted streets crowded with animals and people and music, finally arrived at a place with cold Coke but we had to drink it in the car, no safe place for me to be. Still, we had a lot of laughs and talked about all sorts of stuff. I told him how in the US we could find a Starbucks or a McDonalds just minutes away. He thought that was pretty cool.
Ended the evening with backrubs for all my D boys.
Stay safe Officer Tim xoxoxo Little Boy

No comments: