Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tragedy in the Village

This morning I received word that 2 of the children in the Village drowned. It had finally been raining there and they were playing in a sand dam and drowned. I talked to Nicholas but the connection was poor and I didn't get any details. He sounds terrible, and since he always takes responsibility for everything I know this is hitting him very hard. It's a lonely job being the chief. This makes me so sad, I can't imagine the pain and the grief of all the families there. The kids are all very close. I'm happy to be home but my heart is there.
I will put more details on the blog when I get them, and more details of my homecoming soon. It's just hard now, as happy as I am being with my family it also feels a little like I'm in the wrong place.

No comments: