Friday, May 16, 2008

One month later

I'm leaving on Sunday for Kenya. I fly out of Madison and land in Nairobi the evening (Kenya time) of Monday the 19th. I have meetings set up with the PEPFAR and AED staff on Wednesday morning. I won't be staying at Nyumbani, will be staying with friends, but will hightail it to Nyumbani on Tuesday morning. I'm bringing the usual assortment of goods and gifts. Most importantly, gravity feeding bags for Sammy K. He can't eat solids and they need a way to drip food into him so he tolerates it and doesn't vomit. Which is what he's been doing for days. A feeding pump is impractical because of electricity issues so this is a low-tech solution. The kids don't know I'm coming, it will be a great surprise and a very happy reunion.
My internet access will be limited but I will for sure (really!) let you all know how the reunion, meetings and Sammy are. I'm anxious to see him with my own American nurse eyes.

No comments: