Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On my way

I am in the Detroit airport, feeling very technically proud of myself because I connected to wireless by myself and I'm even listening to my I pod! I feel like I have more cords, cables and electronic devices with me than anything else! but no cell phone!! First some thank yous: to my sister Kerry and Reuters news service for the laptop, I promise to take exceptional care of it and protect it at all times. To Kevin D for all the technical support, couldn't be using the laptop without all his help and instruction. A big thank you to Sarah K, no one can pack a suitcase like you can! I ended up with 3 bags, 2 under 50lbs one 65 pounds. Now I am just hoping that they arrive in Nairobi the same time I do. Thanks to the Peds ID boys for the great party and great gift, I'm already missing the phone calls.
Thank you all for all the help and support these past few months, I can't believe that the time has come, the kids in the orphanage are excitedly waiting, mum Anne's family is astounded how many Americans care about them.
So many more to thank, all my sibs, Caryl for the best going away dinner, Sharon W for dropping off things I really needed but didn't have, Barb O'Connell for the relaxing and stress relieving manicure and pedicure, Maria and Mary Ellen for enabling me to leave Teen Age Clinic in good hands. Most of all for my family: I hate to sound corny but you all are the wind beneath my wings. Timmy be careful out there, Little boy get well soon. On to Amsterdam, Love Susan

No comments: