Thursday, February 1, 2007

Hanging out with John

It's Thursday afternoon and I'm hanging out with Cottage D John, he's the one with the cut leg. He says to tell everyone that it's feeling a lot better, doesn't know when he's getting his stitches out, and he likes going to school. Some odds and ends:
electricity has been going out a lot lately, which makes email more difficult. If you don't hear from me it's most likely because of that.
Haven't had a hot shower yet, a few desperate cold ones. I heat water on the propane fueled hotplate and use that to wash my ever growing hair. Our new roommate is Jody, a recent nursing graduate from London, she's great fun. I make her a cup of coffee every morning when I make mine and she says "oooh the coffee fairy has been here! We all get along great, Sarah has been amazing, she's taken to this place like a duck to water. Nothing phases her. The kids love her, I hear them calling her when she's out and about. I hope to take her to downtown Nairobi for the day next week.
The kids all call me Susangold. one word. Don't know why that started but it's funny.

On Saturday Sarah Jim and I are going to mum Anne's family's house for a big party, can't wait to meet the rest of the family. Not much else going on, finally a quiet day. Elizabeth, I love little boy's haircut. He looks like such a big boy. Miss you all, keep those emails coming. It sometimes takes me a while and my reply will be brief but they make my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.