Monday, February 26, 2007

No snow here!

Early last Friday morning I woke up sick, the first time I haven't felt well. Had a fever all day, waves of nausea. Who knows what it was, but the fever broke early Saturday morning. I went to mum ann's house Saturday afternoon. They were wonderful, I spent the night, they took great care of me. I laid on the couch and watched Kenyan tv, which is pretty much american tv shows that are at least 3 years old.I had to keep telling them I knew how it all turned out! The funny thing is they even show a mexican telenovela, dubbed in English! They truly are all over the world! I felt much better on Sunday, and came back to Nyumbani last night. I can't imagine being here for this length of time and not having them here, I would be so lonely. Gaia, who is 7, and calls me "grandmother Susan" is now so comfortable with me, she plops on my lap and loves to play with my evergrowing mizungo hair.
Friday is Ann's sister Carol's hopefully last surgery on her broken leg, I will be there to lend support and mizungo power! What an ordeal she has been through.
Yesterday morning after I woke up I sat at their table drinking my tea and watched monkey's play in the trees!
Nothing much else is new here, the sick ones rally, then get sick again. As long as they're staying alive I'll take it.
Ali is home from Cuba, Ali send your report to Elizabeth, Elizabeth will you enter it on the blog, we can give everyone a break from Africa and a more global perspective.
I'm the only volunteer who hasn't received any mail. If my packages from Tim and Elizabeth don't come this week I'm personally going to tear down the post office.
Mary Lee: thank you for the phone call, it was great to talk to you, even if it was the middle of the night. Just hearing a voice from home is wonderful.
Hello to Barb K: email me and tell me what you think of the blog.
This entry will be blessedly short!
Miss you all, timmy stay safe and xoxoxo little boy.

No comments: